Did you know that bees love to dance? Or that they have an amazing sense of smell to help them find the best flowers? In The Secret Life of Bees, Buzzwing shares with you all the details of her life as a bee, in and out of the hive, starting with the day she was born.
Learn the secrets of this worker bee’s tiny world, including:
- The bee life cycle
- Bee anatomy
- How bees collect nectar and make honey
- What happens inside the hive
- The different types of bees
- Why bees are so important to humans
- How bees can thrive in the city
- Bee folk tales from around the world
With things to search for and find throughout, tips for making your own environment welcoming to bees and even a poetry-writing exercise, The Secret Life of Bees is brimming with reasons to admire and respect the hardworking honeybee.